Inn For Sale
TripAdvisor 2017 #17 Small Hotel in the U.S.
TripAdvisor 2016 #3 Small Hotel in the U.S.
TripAdvisor 2015 #8 Small Hotel in the U.S.
Fear is Fun in Disguise. We Took the Leap and it Changed Our Life.
A Note from Co-Owner, Kilohana Domingo
One of the greatest unknowns in buying a business is that initial uncertainty about who the person on the other side of the sale is. I was born and raised on the island. I have an extensive family network throughout the Kona and Ka’u districts and this will always be my home. I care about your success. Our goal would be to give a new owner every bit of information they want to help them duplicate our success. Perhaps you’ll be the one to take Kalaekilohana to greater heights and we’ll do everything we can help you get off to a great start.
Another common question that people ask is why are we selling. You might be surprised to hear that we would like to stay in the area, spend some time on a few of the things on our bucket list, and semi-retire.
Build the Life You’ve Always Wanted with this Highly Flexible Turn Key Opportunity
A Note from Co-Owner, Kenny Joyce
We never quite realized how many benefits there would be when we began this project. All we heard was that it was a lot of work. So we did some research and we discovered that the best way to make a 5 room inn provide the lifestyle we were seeking was to build for the top of market and slowly grow into a big fish in a small pond.
We did that and we have become a very happy fish. We love the work we do and we’re grateful to have frequent breaks that allow us to recharge.
So if you are a qualified buyer and youʻre looking for a new life, read on. The Hawaiian inn of your dreams is calling.
A Rare Opportunity for You!
Own Hawaii’s #1 Full Service Inn
- Fully Permitted by the County of Hawaii
- Approved Commercial Kitchen
- Officially Certified to Operate a Farm to Table Restaurant
- Approved for Weddings and Special Events
- Approved for 5 GuesT Rooms
- Approved Farm Plan
- Additional Farm Dwelling with building permit
Discover What You Can Do Here
There are just a few places remaining that retain the qualities of rural Hawaii. An island lifestyle, undeveloped coastlines, and lots of space to be yourself. The district of Ka’u is unique because it offers these things without sacrificing important essentials. With broadband service and online shopping, we often find that trips to town are mostly focused on the occasional Costco run. This is a special opportunity to actually make a comfortable living in peaceful setting.
Location As A Positive
We developed our market around our central location to the two most visited National Parks on Hawaii Island with added emphasis on our local options for scenic drives and hiking. Our locally sourced branding and the ability to offer dinner in the evening has been instrumental in making our location a plus in the reservation making decision.
Some Expanded Details
- The main building was completed in 2005 and has a regular maintenance schedule and little deferred maintenance.
- The overarching zoning is AG-20 with a County special Use Permit to operate a 5 room lodge, hold special events like weddings, and have a commercial kitchen.
- We have been historically less impacted by volcanic activity including vog due to our unique location. We are in lava zone 3.
- There is a County Letter of Certification to operate the farm to table restaurant serving the general public.
- There is an approved County of Hawaii Liquor Permit
Option 1- 1.5M Turnkey with up to 50% Owner Financing
Option 2- 1.2M Real Estate Only Triple Net Leaseback
3 acres of land
- 5300 sq. ft. interior and 6500 sq. ft. under roof
- 5 bedrooms and 5 1/2 baths
- Commercial kitchen and 1 galley kitchen
- 1600 sq. ft. matching farm dwelling
- New 596 sq. ft. matching farm storage
- New 800 sq. ft. permanent greenhouse
Get in touch with us!
Please contact us if you are a qualified buyer. Our email is email@example.com. We look forward to answering your general questions about the inn configuration. More extensive financial details will require pre-approval and proof of funds.
Kalaekilohana Inn & Retreat
94-2152 South Point Road
P.O. Box 1125
Na`alehu, Hawaii 96772
(808) 939 8052