Inn For Sale
2020 Best of the Best Top 1%
2019 Hall of Fame
2017 #17 Small Hotel in the U.S.
2016 #3 Small Hotel in the U.S.
2015 #8 Small Hotel in the U.S.
A Rare Opportunity for You!
Own Hawaii’s #1 Full Service Inn
- Fully Permitted by the County of Hawaii
- Approved Commercial Kitchen
- Officially Certified to Operate a Farm to Table Restaurant
- Approved for Weddings and Special Events
- Approved for 5 GuesT Rooms
- Approved Farm Plan
- Additional Farm Dwelling with building permit
Discover What You Can Do Here
There are just a few places remaining that retain the qualities of rural Hawaii. An island lifestyle, undeveloped coastlines, and lots of space to be yourself. The district of Ka’u is unique because it offers these things without sacrificing important essentials. With broadband service and online shopping, we often find that trips to town are mostly focused on the occasional Costco run. This is a special opportunity to actually make a comfortable living in peaceful setting.
Location As A Positive
We developed our market around our central location to the two most visited National Parks on Hawaii Island with added emphasis on our local options for scenic drives and hiking. Our locally sourced branding and the ability to offer dinner in the evening has been instrumental in making our location a plus in the reservation making decision.
Some Expanded Details
- The main building was completed in 2005 and has a regular maintenance schedule and little deferred maintenance.
- The overarching zoning is AG-20 with a County special Use Permit to operate a 5 room lodge, hold special events like weddings, and have a commercial kitchen.
- We have been historically less impacted by volcanic activity including vog due to our unique location. We are in lava zone 3.
- There is a County Letter of Certification to operate the farm to table restaurant serving the general public.
- There is an approved County of Hawaii Liquor Permit
Option 1- 1.5M Turnkey with up to 50% Owner Financing
Option 2- 1.2M Real Estate Only Triple Net Leaseback
3 acres of land
- 5300 sq. ft. interior and 6500 sq. ft. under roof
- 5 bedrooms and 5 1/2 baths
- Commercial kitchen and 1 galley kitchen
- 1600 sq. ft. matching farm dwelling
- New 596 sq. ft. matching farm storage
- New 800 sq. ft. permanent greenhouse
Get in touch with us!
Please contact us if you are a qualified buyer. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to answering your general questions about the inn configuration. More extensive financial details will require pre-approval and proof of funds.
Kalaekilohana Inn & Retreat
94-2152 South Point Road
P.O. Box 1125
Na`alehu, Hawaii 96772
(808) 939 8052